RCU Forums - View Single Post - HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III
Old 09-25-2012, 05:52 PM
mnemennth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

ORIGINAL: ahamay

ORIGINAL: mnemennth
With my 450Pro build, I started using moulding tape (the really sticky black foam mounting tape they make to hold trim & moulding onto cars) cut into 3mm wide strips to hold down my wires instead of zip ties; the ones you see on my HK450GT are still there only because I've never had that 50A Red Brick ESC out of the heli since I first built it. The moulding tape will work around curves and bends if you keep it nice & narrow, and it completely disappears under the wire if you're careful laying it down.
Ihave the two PRO's now both torque tube and Ican say they are an absolute delight to work on after the GT or SE V2 style frame. Ialso hate those little alloy washers that you put on all the screws. The moulding tape looks like it does a good job.
In comparison to the V2/V3? I'm sorry... I have to disagree. The entire setup of the main bearing block SUCKS; and it wouldn't SUCK if they'd just done one thing:Made it one piece like the Tarot. Then you could put your servos in, tighten 'em down and drop the whole thing in the heli, rather than fart around with snugging them down, putting it together, nothing lining up until you loosen the servos, take the plastic bulkhead off so you can get to the servo screws after the head's installed... uggh. My gonads ache just thinking about it.

I would MUCHprefer the TT 450V3 to the 450Pro; and if I actually buy another 450 after the ones I have, that'll probably be it. I understand the goodness that is equilateral link length; but HDX did it better before them and I'm already tired of working on my 450Pro, which is why I'm working on the 450GT. Unless somebody in the aftermarket makes a 1-piece bearing block for the Pro; THATwould be a game-changer for me. Then the Pro could be what it should have been all along.

As for the little button-head washers... you hate them why? I love 'em; I use 'em for nearly everything EXCEPT their intended purpose. I dig the look of the broader button-head screws on the 450Pro, don't get me wrong. But all the button-heads in plastic parts are just plain too short; they strip out too easily. Then you're stuck looking for a replacement and it's inevitably philips pan-head. Yuck.

mnem
*Screwed*