RCU Forums - View Single Post - HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III
Old 10-01-2012, 06:27 PM
mnemennth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

ORIGINAL: rikybob

@ Hugh - Yah, firing up, what amounts to, an untested mid evil killing machine in close quarters is poorly advised. Good reasoning to wait til clear Wx!

@ Jonesy - Cool viddy, I seem to be slowly growing bored with my hobby after nearly 5 years. Dunno if it's a "spell" or what and I look at boats, cars, trucks and the like and have to imagine that I would grow bored in short order there too! A quick look up of your truck finds that the nitro version locally is just around 400USD WITHOUT any "blinging"! 250USD if you want to go with the less messy Lipo propulsion! WOW!

Looks like it would be fun for a bit though!

@ All - Waking up and having my tea. Ingleburn, yer prolly at least a little right about home and wifey! She contracted my lower GI misery and sat idle over the weekend. I'm still suffering lingering effects of the "Lurgy" as well! I think I will mill around the house, do chores and get the HK450GT T/T up and running as I basically have to do a software check on the cyclics and re installation of the mains. I DID have something ODD happen. When I was bench testing the rig, the motor spun up, in throttle hold and for fun I tried all switches on the tx to see if it fazed it and NOTHING. Using the "Orange" and the satellite. Hmmmmmmm, never had that happen before.

I un plugged and re plugged and all was well. creeped me out!

All the best!

b
Yikes now thats scarey. Lucky the blades werent on.
Im so scared of that happening I always step way back after plugging mine in untill I know its not going to go crazy.
Hope you and wifey feel better soon.
I've had that nightmare a couple times; always imagined myself pulling out the .357 with the beast a couple feet off the ground and having to "Old Yeller" it for the safety of innocent neighbors and kitty cats.

A more realistic scenario would be me taking the 20' length of 2" PVC I keep for rescuing my little FPs from the kite-eating trees and sticking it in the main blades, though... I'd prolly cling to some small hope of rebuilding, especially if I were flogging something bigger like a 500 or 550.

Your Lurgy reminds me of my wife and I "bonding" over her morning sickness with Marcus; I got the stomach flu and we were just like the line at the lavatory after the prom... Hyup.

mnem
Here, honey... lemme hold your hair back out of the way...