RCU Forums - View Single Post - whats the best break in method
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 05:51 AM
nitroexpress

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: whats the best break in method

On the surface, it would seem that a manufactor'srecommendation would bebest.

But RCUniverse engine/fuel expert had a different take.

"The entire car community has been brainwashed by some pretty magnificent marketing efforts over the years.
I am refering to break in instructions; If car parts manufacturers want to sell lots of replacement engine parts, they will give you a very short warranty (usually 30 days, where the normal airplane engine is at least one year and are as long as 5 years) and they will tell you how to break in an engine to minimize the service life so rebuild kits can be sold on a routine basis. They have also made everybody believe that the cold burbly ideling break-in is some law etched in stone and they've made everybody believe that these engines are suposed to only last a couple gallons of fuel.
I talked to one of the original importers of very high end racing car engines and asked him (before he died several years ago) why he recommended such a crazy break in and why do the engines have too much cooling where they will not get hot enough? His reply was "I want them to wear them out and buy lots of parts, I make more on a piston / sleeve set for a car engine than I do for any other part, and as you know, I warranty NOTHING"

Well, there you have it.

Fuelman
Cooper Fuels LLC
www.cooperfuels.com