Old 10-02-2012, 11:09 AM
jkr_1100
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Goldberg Tiger Club

ORIGINAL: earlwb

ORIGINAL: jkr_1100
ORIGINAL: computermonkey
It is a Webra P5-91i. Runs around half an ounce a minute in gas. So far has been a good engine with plenty of power for the plane. The plane bounced right on the money with this engine. I do not have an all up weight yet.
See post of the engine
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11..._3/key_/tm.htm
many people would initially think this would be ''too much'' for this plane. but look at this balance. balances right on the money with a larger engine.
I present this question to the group. why balance using dead weight? why not install the necessary weight in the form of a larger power plant.
warning. this line of thinking may lead to fun.
You have a throttle on the engine, so you can throttle it back as needed. If the plane is balancing out OK, then go for it. Using a larger and heavier engine seems to be better than having to add a lot of lead weight to get the CG out. At least the extra weight is useful.

Earl , Well said. especially on gasoline and 4stroke engines. they dont mind crusing around at partial throttle.

my experience with nitro 2 strokes is that they tend to "load up" on partial throttle settings.

for example when going around after an approach it is sometimes necessary to burp the 2 strokes to ensure they wil throttle back up.