RCU Forums - View Single Post - Shoestring Stunter Old kit new build
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 10:04 AM
BtnFlyGuy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Shoestring Stunter Old kit new build

Well, My Shoestring "project" came in the mail today. What a mess! Most of the ribs had been punched outthough the previous owner was kind enough to leave all the scrap balsa. (duh). though only one was missing and one was broken, The fuselage has the most horrendous circular saw marks and the landing gear is missing as is all the other hardware. The leading edge pieces had been glued together and then had snapped off half way to the tips. In other words, a true basket case. I'm a glutton for punishment though and have already ordered the leading edge stock. We don't have a decent hobby shop here so all the fixin's will come from mail order. This will be a fine project for thoseMassachusetts dreary winter days and may be ready by springthe Fox .29 I have reserved from my collection of engines.
Keep this thread going. Once Iget started on the build, I'll post pics and narrative.The shoestring is a fine plane and the grandaddy of the "Lil Jumpin Bean" as I understand it; another of my favorites.