RCU Forums - View Single Post - Larger Revolver
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Larger Revolver

ORIGINAL: microdon2

Granpooba - first, nice handle. And are these your first Revolvers? Are you building \ flying the Rev 70 first? Would love to see build pics of the Rev 90. Maybe post to wjcalhoun's build thread?
Have already been flying my R-70 with a Saito 91 pulling it, for a couple of years now. Very, very pleased with this plane/engine combo.

Just this past week I put in my new Aeroworks Extra 300 QB with a DLE-20. It crashed on its very first takeoff. Cause was and their is no doubt about this, is that the vertical and horizontal stabs came off. Upon examination it was determined to be a total structural failure do to quality of or lack of glue, probably a combination of both. Only glue that was holding was the epoxy that I used to mount the horizontal stab. Also, the tail of the fuselage was very weak under the horizontal stab and this contributed to the failure.

I came online here and inquired as to what planes people were installing their DLE's 20's into. Got various replies, but what stood out for me that many were putting the DLE-20's into the R-70's and were stating that it was an awesome combination. Thus already having a DLE-20 and very pleased with the R-70, I ordered another R-70 and have already received it. Will be starting to put it together this coming week.

Have the R-90 on order. No hurry for this one as winter will be fast approaching here in the Northeast and will need a couple of models to help get past the winter blues. Have already decided to put the DLE-55RA into the R-90.

As I originally stated, I am very pleased with my R-70 / Saito 91 combo, and will be interesting to see how the R-70/DLE combo compares. The R-90 with the DLE-55 should also be an awesome combo.

Guess I will have to build a hangar just for my Revolvers ..............

Their are some other threads on RC Universe about the Revolvers with the DLE-20's, with pictures. Check out the threads about the DLE-20's, that is where I found and got most of my info about them. With just a little searching, others should have no problems finding all the info that they need or want about this combo. Very interesting reading, at least for me.

I should add that if you check out " You Tube ", you will find some video's there of R-70's with DLE-20's.

Have fun and enjoy.