RCU Forums - View Single Post - Larger Revolver
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 12:01 PM
microdon2
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Larger Revolver

S&S - thanks - will try your approach.

I just had a close call, from being careless. I was testing a 35cc gas engine in my kitchen (its mounted on a H9 P51 150). Had the plane fuse on a stand (on the floor) and have a rope around the tail to hold it, and an exhaust hose venting to the outside. I test lots of engines in my kitchen. But this setup was more awkward because of the stand and the position of the exhaust hose. Got the engine running nicely, controlling choke and throttle from my radio. On second startup I had the engine running at just above low throttle, and was stepping around the front of the plane to get behind (to hold it while I revved it up). Evidently this time I got lazy and didn't lift my leg high enough, and WHAM - the prop hit my right foot in the toes. BAM - that hurt. Was so sudden I wasn't sure how badly I was hurt. Fortunately I was wearing socks and leather slippers (I don't usually wear slipper). At this point I'm still was not sure if I had broken toes inside the slippers.

Stopped the engine with the choke. Also fortunate that the prop was a wood Zinger - it broke. After an hour or so the pain subsided. Took the shoe and sock off - looks like no broken toes, but I do have a bit of dent in my big toe. Glad it wasn't an APC prop.