RCU Forums - View Single Post - Picco 45 DF
Thread: Picco 45 DF
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 03:25 PM
bpbrinson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Picco 45 DF

ORIGINAL: airraptor

yes i know. when i sell new or used engines i will take a pic of the exhaust, to see the piston and as many pics as feasable. i was mainly looking at the front of the pipes where they look like they were rubbing/banging against the engine. I havent looked at the Ebay add yet though. I wonder how the Picco compairs to the OS or K&B DF engines in this size.
I have ran the K&B (mine)and the old OS FI/RE (buddies). The Picco, comparatively is a brick, very heavy. Seems with the pumped K&B that I was only getting upper 22k and the OS was in the lower to mid 23's with 7.2x8.6. With the Picco I was getting in the low to mid 24's. The K&B was a pain to get set up with the pump but otherwise was easy to run if you did not change load to much. Wished I could tell you my pipe measurement. And it looks like the APC 7.2x8.6 is no longer made. I flew these engines on modified quickees, a Holy Smoke, several Diamond Dusts and a very thin delta that I will not say how fast it went as some here will will get nasty. Not sure I believe it myself[&:]. Picco's are beasts if allowed to rev... Besides electric is the fastest

Brooks