RCU Forums - View Single Post - Faster NiMH Chargers?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 04:34 PM
Zlash03
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Faster NiMH Chargers?

I recently bought myself a drfit car but there is one downside to it. The charger. (Boy, big suprise on an RTR.) Like all RTRchargers, it takes 8 hours to charge a single 7.4v, 1800mAH battery. Quite frankly, I cant stand that and I think its stupid companies include such slow, weak chargers.Iveonly owned it for 2 days and have used it a whopping...2 times.I expect that from a 1/6th scale Hummer from Toys R Us, not a big expensive hobby grade drift car! Ok, so after my rant here is what im really came here to find out:

The battery I have is a (stated above) 7.4v, 1800mAH, NiMH. Im looking for a charger that is going to charge it up somewhere around <5 hours. I only found one charger that suits my needs: http://www.rcplanet.com/Hobbico_2_Ho...p/hcap0117.htmButwhen I startedreading up on it more, I found out it only wants to charge NiCd batteries. Does anyone know of some fast, cheap chargers that wont break the bank? I just dont want to spend that much on this battery to charge it because its the lowest powered battery that could have been given with this car. (My Mini T has a higher mAHthan this thing and the Mini T battery is an NiMH too.)