RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitro or Electric ! Frustrating or Comforting ?
Old 10-13-2012, 06:57 PM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Nitro or Electric ! Frustrating or Comforting ?

ORIGINAL: dustin7837

Topic has been covered many many times on this forum. Search for "nitro vs electric" and you will find tons of posts.

With Lipos and brushless motors power isn't an issue with either one. Nitros do require break in and occasional tuning, but those tasks are simple and painless if you have even a semi functional brain. The real difference is that Electrics are quieter, cleaner and can run indoors but in order to have any kind of runtime you need to invest in a lot of batteries and a decent charger. Nitros are louder and dirtier but you can run all day long with just a bottle of fuel. Personally I find that break in and tuning are less hassle than worrying about batteries, plus I love the sound and smoke so I prefer nitro. You can never say that one is better than the other, it just comes down to personal preference and where/how you want to use the vehicle.
Well said, sir. I'm stillmystified how folks feel that "tuning" is this complex, enduring activity analogous to splitting the atom. I can certainly appreciate the "plug-n-go" existence that electric offers (assuming the battery is charged). To me, however,the heart of this hobbyisthe tenacity we take in driving what we want....not worrying about the action items required to run whatever type pf powertrain we prefer.