RCU Forums - View Single Post - Goldberg Tiger Club
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 08:12 PM
SteveMuzzleflash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Goldberg Tiger Club

2 months into R/C flying I've graduated from foamy trainers to my first nitro. I got lucky and it wasa Tiger!
Lucky because Ibought it used off a well-known online site for trading/selling and was worried on my way home I had made a mistake by acquiring this.
Aside from the fact that Ihave to fit it into a small car and the fear that I would destroy it on its first flight, Inow know that I did the right thing.
Everything I've flownup to that point was simple and electric.
So I spent a month going over her to make sure she was flight worthy. The gentleman I got her from had never flown her.
Wow. He has no idea what he was missing.
I now know that Idid the right thing.
I love the heck out of flying that thing!

So then my only remaining concern was thatmy plane is bright pink! All Ikeep thinking is that I"m going to recover her and make her checkerboard and give it a modern look. But when Igot her up in the sky and saw how effective that bright pink was Isettled in and learned to love it.

What a great flying plane! I'm too new to R/C flying to make comparisons to everythingout there but this one worked out for me. All my other planes are flat-bottom wings and this one is symmetrical. Ihad little difficulty with the transition. Ifind the rudder to be less effective because the wings don't dip on the tiger. But she'll knife-edge across the entire sky like its nothing. As of this post I've had10 flights with her.I've just gone through my first gallon of nitro and all of it was on a tiger.

This was my first post on this forum. Long time listener, first time caller.

-Steve