RCU Forums - View Single Post - HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III
Old 10-14-2012, 05:09 PM
ahamay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

ORIGINAL: ingleburn
ORIGINAL: ahamay
ORIGINAL: ingleburn
Glad you caught that bolt in time Jonesy. Would have been an interesting flight.
Guess it was a sign...as Icrashed the bugger this morning. Vid on youtube. Post mortem... no visible damage which was lucky but I'll replace the main, feathing and tail shaft as I do after any crash.
I've got another tgy306g servo arriving for it this week, so I'm going to tear it down and check all the bearings etc as well. It's done around 110 flights according to my flight log.
Jonesy
Wow I cant believe there wasn't any damage. Maybe it was a sign that you need to give it an overhaul and with that new servo coming what better time than now.
My parts came this morning so Im doing the same.
Servo just turned up. Just waiting on the little adapter bracket to fit it to the tray.

Looking back at the video I've hit TH with full collective so it's kind of autoratated and washed a lot of headspeed off and landed in the nicest plush long bit of grass I've ever seen. Istill can't believe there was no damage. The blades havn't even folded back and put that little notch in the back of the blade down near the root from the blade grip. Was extremely lucky.