RCU Forums - View Single Post - STRETCHING A HULL...IS IT POSSIBLE ??? Old Graupner Systems Cat build
Old 10-16-2012, 02:58 PM
colosus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: STRETCHING A HULL...IS IT POSSIBLE ??? Old Graupner Systems Cat build

Thanx m8

I'm not sure about the squishy stuff florists use...i know what you mean...its normally green in colour...the problem is it will not fill in all the lines and get into the corners...plus the hull is so weak when in two halfs...its weaker than a coke bottle...really.. so pressing something like that green stuff will distort the hull....good idea though....it needs to be a form of thick liquid that sets hard..then every detail will come out...

I know Automative modeling clay will work....it takes time but if press bit by bit into all the corners and lines then fill the hull half in with clay...it will make a good impression.....but i need it to go hard...or i'll loose the shape...

Oily sand....me never heard that one....

if i had enough epoxy glue i could fill the hull with it then remove the original hull...emmm somehow...
even 2k paint goes hard if activated with hardener.... i used to paint real cars...and always half a litre of paint used to set hardish in the old litre cans... maybe something like that...will work....im only guessing...