RCU Forums - View Single Post - pics of mh27
Thread: pics of mh27
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 07:03 PM
BenG60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: pics of mh27

The plane is ok to fly, it's the landings that are a little hairy. For flying it has 3/32 on elevator and 1/8 on aileron. When you kill the engine, you switch to high rates, which are aprox 3/8 of an inch of travel on aileron. With some differential, the elevator is just over a 1/4 inch of travel. After the plane slows down some it does seem tail heavy, but when you try to get it to flair for landing it seems nose heavy. That's the best way I can explain it. Kommander would probably agree to this. The airfoil of the mh27 is pretty radical, most of the q500 that are out there like the cg between 2 3/4 to 3 1/8. We are still playing with this one, but it seems it may not like it that far past 2 3/4. It's still at 2 11/16 now. I'm going to put this plane away for Jacob to fly it in the next contest since he likes it so much. The finishing resin is z poxy, and then sprayed with automotive urathane clear. And yes, it will yellow some in time. I'm going to build one more, but this one is going to have a longer nose with a longer tail moment and a conventional tail for Kommander. It's going to stick out like a sore thumb.