RCU Forums - View Single Post - BOOMERANG ELAN - New Build & Setup Thread!
Old 10-19-2012, 10:18 AM
mjunior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: BOOMERANG ELAN - New Build & Setup Thread!

ORIGINAL: gooseF22

ORIGINAL: VF84sluggo

Yes, I see the holes in the fuselage lip, and where the rails have been cut away to accomodate the width of the 120. Doesn't seem like too tough a job to get the 120 to fit.

One other question: are there any heat issues with the a (relatively, for the Elan) large engine like a 120 filling up so much space in the engine bay?

Thanks

use BVM ceramic paint on the underside of the canopy.. I have a Wren 160 in mine.. I like the power too, and I have the smoke split tank.. I get about 5min and then land.. I only open the throttle going up.. the rest is half throttle.. I flamed out at 7 mins one time holding high as the runway was being cleared once..

I love the power, but Im looking to see how to stuff a smoke tank somewhere so I can get the fuel back on the tank..

All those engine options are fine.. whichever one you have is the best.. this thing would fly on a 70 or a 160.. doesn't matter....
Goose,
Do you have pictures of the new installation (wren 160). I'm considering to upgrade my Elan for a Wren 160 (or the new 140) to have more power when climbing. I don't care for extra speed. Also would the current air inlets a constrain for a 160?
Mucio