RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 14SG, coming soon
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 14SG, coming soon

ORIGINAL: woodie

Well, the 12FG does everything the 14MZ does (with minor exceptions) at about 1/3 the cost. The issue with the 12FG is the model transfer inconvenience with the higher end radios. Also, following Futaba's approach, they release the top of the line model then start backfilling with less expensive models to continue to leverage the technology investment. Basically, the 18MZ is just a 14MZ on steroids. Other than telemetry and a new screen they are basically the same functionally. I don't own a 18MZ but some friends do and we can't find much difference.

Not quibbling, just hoping they will be compatible for model transfer.

Woodie
I have the 12FG, 14MZ and the 18MZ. You are correct in that the programming is similar although each has enhancements and additional capabilities as you move up the line. Model transfer is easy too if you move models up the line but restricted if trying to move down line.

I suspect transfer from the new 14SG down to the 8FG may be possible since the numbers of channels is the same. Appears to be a good fit in the entire line both in features and price.

Personally I like the visual programming provided by the 14 & 18 graphic displays. All three are eazy to program but the higher end versions do provide more capability and features than the 12.