RCU Forums - View Single Post - SV 26cc please help
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 03:40 PM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SV 26cc please help

ORIGINAL: rsdonomoore

I bought this piper super cub on floats and need some help getting familiar with this engine. I decided to make the leap from 40 size glow planes to a gas 1/4 scale. Prior to buying this plane Saturday I've only flown 40 size glow engines. The way the prop attaches to the hub is not what I'm used to seeing. On my glow engines it has one nut to tighten if you're not running a spinner. This engine, on the other hand, has four bolt holes. Two of which were not utilized. Upon getting the plane home and testing the engine in my backyard, the prop flew off. The two bolts that were holding the prop on are now bent and I believe the holes are stripped too but won't know unless I get a couple new bolts to try out. My question is, does anybody know if they sell an adapter for this engine that would have the single bolt I'm used to or will I have to replace the hub with the same kind and drill holes in a new prop? Also, is this configuration common for 26cc gas motors or is this only because it is a Chinese brand? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ryan
Ryan

I would get a die and put threads on the shaft that you have. I use one bolt or nut on everything up to and including 62cc engines. The shaft is probably 8mm so you could either do 8mm or 1/4x28. I'd do threads to about 3/8" of the prop drive, you'll find that the props for this size engine have 8mm holes unless the prop is made in USA, Zingers at TopFlight are really good for mixing paint.[]