RCU Forums - View Single Post - HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III
Old 11-03-2012, 05:42 AM
Rob2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

ORIGINAL: ahamay

Nano Cp x update

I've got about 30 flights on it now. I've been trying to do a couple of batteries each day but it's been really windy. It's a great little heli. Took about 10 packs for the wobble to almost disappear and for the lipos to reach max power. The most awesome thing about this heli is Ican't get the tail to blowout, no matter what Itry.

I tried to fly my mcpx today and it's a pos after flying the nano...it was definately holding me back. Maby mines just stuffed as I"m sure it flew better than it does when I first bought it, but Iwasn't and the skill level I'm at now either, not that that's anything to rave over.

The nano is smaller but beacuse you don't lose the tail all the time you can fly it closer with confidence so the size it not really an issue.

Ihave encountered another issue with it not initialising when you plug the battery in....the led just flashes like it want to be bound again. Quick search on HF and it seems to be a common problem, where you need to be a few feet away from the tx otherise it will not initialise. Had no problems since I did this.

Anyone that's on the fence about getting the nano Iwould say go ahead and get one. I've nailed it into the ground a few times and it's still got zero damage, seems to be a lot more durable than the mcpx.

Jonesy

I have to concur, the Nano is just awesome.. even when the battery is almost dead and the main rotor bogs down terribly, you can still flip it to inverted with absolutely no blow out.. I fly mine indoors in a small room at least 10 times per day now and just do 3 minutes of flips to inverted then upright again.. it is just amazing.. (try setting aileron and elevator to 110% travel and rudder to 115%, ) it feels awesome like this..

And it is totally indestructible.. I have crashed it at least 30 times, into concrete, lounges, brick walls, granite kitchen bench tops and nothing breaks, ever.. even the main gear never comes loose.. my main blades have a few tiny nicks in them but it still flies in perfect balance with no vibration..

This is a cool little heli.. mine has no wobble now after over 100 flights and is my heli of choice when on the road... (perfect size for hotel room aerobatics.)

interestingly,flying the nano indoors has improved my MCPX skills also.. I could only manage a safe flip indoors to inverted 20% of the time with the MCPX, now that is up to about 95%.... confidence from doing over 300 of them in the Nano I think...

And the price is right at $169 BNF.... much better than the 130 X...

Strongly recommend this helicopter...

I love landing on the celling also.. am thinking of sticking a few helipads up there just for the challenge...