RCU Forums - View Single Post - Best Jet Modeller/Builder of the Year 2012?
Old 11-17-2012, 06:00 PM
DavidR
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best Jet Modeller/Builder of the Year 2012?

ORIGINAL: sskianpour

ORIGINAL: DavidR

ORIGINAL: sskianpour

ORIGINAL: Flynstuff

HVN Models. World class all the way.
Jeff I hear a lot of good things about Henry Nguyen, but no build threads, no painting techniques for us to enjoy or learn from (that I am aware of at least).

Lotta beautiful products, but I am sort of hoping to hear about people that are more in public forum threads, not just private builders who are on the down-low. Certainly a world class talent though, I agree.

Shaz
So now you've got to be active on public forums to be considered a good builder? That's funny!
David,

The point of this thread is NOT ever to bash a builder/modeller nor is the purpose to rank him/her if their methods/painting styles/hints and tips are discreet and private and unavailable to the rest of us online.

Since I started the thread, I can calmly and peacefully say that the point of the thread is to identify and praise and focus on builders whose works are readily available online so we can learn from them, have a thread where THEIR build threads are posted, etc.

Nobody is saying that one's amazing building and techniques need to be on a public forum in order for them to be a great modeler, but I would hope that the purpose of this thread is clear enough so that people who post understand that one DOES need to have their amazing build and paint techniques on a public forum in order to be recognized meaningfully HERE on THIS thread. Lets pick up a pointer or two instead of picking a fight or two.

Thanks for being a gentleman, who do you think is a great builder with their work available online?

Shaz
Well perhaps another way of putting it. Things aren't always as they seem online. Lots of online cowboys out there, some that are happy to present others work as their own. There are a lot of really good builders that are more than willing to show you their techniques, and most of the really talented builders very rarely if ever post on RCU or any other Internet forum.

DR