RCU Forums - View Single Post - How much work is too much on an ARF?
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 10:20 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How much work is too much on an ARF?

I appreciate all of the viewpoints. Really gives me some thinking points to ponder. Having flown some of the better ARFs, you find some just have a good "feel" to them. Extreme Flight comes to mind and my 50cc EF 300 Extra is a doll baby from the word GO. The quality is just there and you know it.

I don't want the kit builders to think I am in any ways against kit building. I love to see a good kit build and many guys I fly with only build and they build high quality planes. I do believe that one day in the years to come I will build from a kit. I just don't think that time is now.

I have already been looking into a kit for the future when time affords me the luxury of building. I understand what it means to know what you build as I have built many things in my lifetime. Even some houses so I am aware of the joy of a finished product that you built and the pride invovled and you do know every piece of it. There is a true sense of accomplishment and that belongs to the builder.

I did take a chance or risk on the ARF in my beginning post. Here is the way I look at that ARF - I would not want another with that much work involved, yet I certainly would consider one with 25-50% less work than that one had and thus some of the reasoning behind this thread. Is that possible with ARFs? I certainly think so, but I imagine it has to be high end ARFs like EF, AW, Pilot, RedWing, etc. If the ARF gives me another solid flying season then the investment will be passible for me and a good learning experience.

Again, the time each of you have given to express your viewpoints it is very much appreciated and well received.

On a side note, one of the guys had a beautiful kit built Extra 300 50cc at the field the other day. He built if from an older kit, but it was very well done. Where do folks get the sport kits from these days?