RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat Sandstorm Baja Buggy?
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Redcat Sandstorm Baja Buggy?

ORIGINAL: Microz

nitrosportsandrunner - Cool thanks for your reply! Yep I will let you know when I'm ready.

Dads like rc too - Wow seems like its one strong car then! Just curious, but why did it get boring?
Well to me at least half the fun is working on or modding these cars. The Tornado took a beating, but never just broke. I made a lot of little changes. One thing I really liked was replacing the axels stubs with ones from the Volcano. They're longer and use double hexes which kicked the wheels out a bit farther making the wheelbase a little wider. Doing small things like this, making suspension changes, you don't have to go crazy but small changes can do a lot. Eventually I got the idea that running bigger tires would be fun, and it was. Kind of like a truggy but not as wide. Then I figured slapping the Volcano tranny in it would give me the gearing I needed...it did. I can tell you though the tranny was a lot more work than it looked like it would be. Anyway why I had the Tornado in the rotation I was also running two other cars pretty regularly. The good thing is the Tornado was always ready to go, the bad thing was I was just more into my truggy and stadium truck. I really like buying basket cases and fixing them up and selling them. I wanted to buy another monster truck and really didn't want four cars in the rotation so I sold the Tornado and eventually sold the stadium truck also. But I would still recommend the Tornado or Volcano to someone looking for a budget priced very durable rc buggy/truck.