RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat Sandstorm Baja Buggy?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 08:21 PM
PetRock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Sandstorm Baja Buggy?

ORIGINAL: Dads like rc too
... I went through about 3 sets of stock Caldera replacement gears since I couldn't find hardened on the Caldera page, then figured out they were the same as the 8e line....
This is the most useful thing I've read in this forum in a long time, thank you! I have a Caldera (1/10th) and a Shredder (1/6th) and Ihad assumed all the diff parts were identical. But after reading your post I went and looked them up. The diff housing and outdrive numbers are the same... but the diff-with-case, diff-only, and gears-only part numbers are different on the Shredder (and Earthquake) than the Caldera.

I had kept all my diff parts in one bag and have been using them for both models, now I have to go back and see if Iused the wrong ones. For other peoples benefit

Caldera: Just Gears: BS903-105
Caldera: Diff Only: BS903-104
Caldera: Diff-with-Case: BS903-020

Earthquake/Shredder: Just Gears: BS803-027
Earthquake/Shredder: Diff Only: BS803-026
Earthquake/Shredder: Diff-with-Case: BS803-025

Dads: Can you see/feel a difference in the metal gears? My Caldera had a front-center-outdrive bearing failure that ended up eating the ring gear teeth, and Ialso just replaced the rear diff internals when I had the diff off the truck to replace a hingepin brace (diff worked, but inside the ring gear teeth were 50% gone and sharpening to a point). I also replaced both front-side and front-center outdrives on my Shredder because they were worn... but didn't notice the diff looking any different.