RCU Forums - View Single Post - Maj. Woody's Top Flight Giant Corsair ARF
Old 11-23-2012, 07:22 PM
willey
My Feedback: (32)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Maj. Woody's Top Flight Giant Corsair ARF

ORIGINAL: MaJ. Woody

23 three flights now as of today. The Corsair is a real stable platform and a great aerobatic Warbird. I think I have the landings figured out. Aprox 1/2 throttle on final, 1/4 throttle on short final and then 1/8 throttle just above the numbers and all the way to touch down which is not a wheel landing but not quite a 3 point either. When she is down you can pull all the power off. I have used this technique the last several landings with little to no bounce at all. The only frustrating thing has been that damn dummy radial. It is made of paper thin plastic and has required me to pull the cowl off after every flying session to repair it. I have used some glass cloth were applicable and now have the entire inside coated with a thin layer of goop which should hold everything together while providing some dampening to the vibration. I also swapped out the tail wheel with a 2'' Dubro solid rubber aluminum hub tail wheel. I drilled holes around the hub ti lighten it up but mostly to improve it's appearance. It is painted white and looks much better and does not go flat like the stock one.
Hey Woody! how you been, sounds like your havin fun... read'n your issue with the radial, you might want to build one over the winter, I will post pics of the radial I built/installed in my Byron Staggerwing soon so you can see, which is the way you probably want to mount in your corsair, this link though, will show you one I just finished for my waco sre, its mounted different then the staggerwing but give ya an idea what I'm talkin about, you could eliminate a few steps and they still look good, well.... hope to do some flying with you this coming summer, have great holidays, talk to you soon.

willey from erie

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11..._1/key_/tm.htm