RCU Forums - View Single Post - low bucks 6x6 vacation build
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 06:43 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: low bucks 6x6 vacation build

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

love the chassis I've been thinking of doing a similar one for my 6wd WK just I suck at welding
dont HAVE to weld syco. The welded shock mounts look better, but I used stock SCX10 shock towers on my custom 1/5 chassis. Just bolt them right on.

I didnt know you have a 6wd WK. If you need one, I have a good trans!

Nitro stan, after seeing your second chassis now, I wish I had done my 1/5 with sold square stock. I think the solid bends nicer than the tubular sqaure stock I used for my 1/5.

Keep the build pics comming.
ehh never saw it? Lil over a year ago I bolted 2 pieces of aluminum onto the back of the WK's TVP's to add another axle and shock mounts. Worked quite well but due to the WK's massive travel the rear drive shaft likes to pop out if the shocks are decompressed. I think my was was one of the most dirt cheap ways to make a 6X6. I've threw the idea around in my head to go 8X8 as I got another WK axle laying around that is meant for another project
In all honesty on part (outside the stock WK) I think I spent $30 for the axle, and $8 for the parts bag to get the linkages from HPI, and a piece of scrap aluminum I had from when I made a chassis plate for another RC.
Just realised I never made a build thread for it prolly cause of how fast it was to do. I think spent like 20-25 mins total making it (from drawing, and cutting the TVP extension to bolting it on)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96277.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	1823865