RCU Forums - View Single Post - Back for the first time
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 03:24 PM
FlyinTiger
My Feedback: (45)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Back for the first time

While it may be getting cold and not very fun to fly at your local field you can still get in some practice. There's probably someone in your local area that is also an IMAC member and chances are they would love to get together over a cup of your favorite hot beverage and chat about the rules, walk you through the basic sequence using a stick plane and talk about common downgrades.

Biggest thing is to capitalize on your previous experience and not be shy about getting to know others. Attend a judging school in your region this coming Spring and be sure to read the rules...others have mentioned this, but it is so important. Several guys who flew IMAC in years past showed up at a contest I CD'd last year and hadn't read the current rules...it took a lot of time to help them during the contest and was a distraction. There were five guys like this who hadn't read the rules or practiced...don't be that guy!

Good luck! I'd love to be at the contest where the CE flies...it would be neat to see a classic aerobat be put through the paces.