RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)
Old 11-30-2012, 11:46 AM
Fidelity101
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

I heard that Robart will be releasing the Top Flite B-25 electric retract conversion kit shortly, followed by a full set of electric retracts. I'm still not sure of the exact date, but I will hopefully have a set for my B-25 by the end of December. I'll post some pictures of them in operation before I install them. I believe Robart has teamed up with Down-n-locked in order to make the conversion kits.

I also got an email from Gary Conley about pumps for my OS 95v engines. He recommended that I install the VP-30 for each engine. You place a T fitting near the pressure fitting on the crankcase. One end of the T goes to the pump and the other end goes to the pressure fitting on the engine. The 90 degree portion of the T is vented back into the atmosphere. That explanation sounds a lot easier to wire up than the picture on their website (http://www.perrypumps.com/Pump%20and...s%20System.pdf) which requires two T fittings. Has anyone tried using a VP-30 with their four strokes? I'm wondering if it's overkill given the tank is so close to the engine and at the same level as the crankcase. If the engines are mounted inverted, then I can see how a pump would help stop the fuel from draining out of your engine. Since I haven't begun the installation yet, I'm not sure why people have chosen to install inverted vs. on the engines side.