RCU Forums - View Single Post - the unofficial home of the dumas dauntless
Old 12-04-2012, 08:06 AM
Rich404

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: the unofficial home of the dumas dauntless

ORIGINAL: Kmot

Hey Rich,

Wow! I am impressed that you were able to stretch those silicone water jackets over an Astroflight motor!

They look great on there too.

All those water pumps and main engines running are going to make some interesting sounds of their own. I would love to hear it in person when you are running this big beautiful boat!
Hi Tom,

I'm glad that these water jackets worked out for these motors. These happen to be the largest size water jackets I could find. They are 800 sized jackets and they fit beautifully over the motors if you know anyone thatis looking for something to cover this motor. A while back I sawan old post of yours on watercooling and saw that you used these jacketson a different motor.With this said you inspired meto find these jackets as a solution for these motors.

I agree all those motors running together should sound cool. I'm planning on making and placing wood covers over the fourpumps to keep the noise levels down. This along with them being below deck should sound nice without being intrusive. Even the Astro's only have a scale rumble because that they are locked away in the engineroom.

If you are ever in the New York area I would be happy tohave you over for a run. Until then i'll be sure to continue to post pics and videos of this yacht.

Yesterday I went to a local petstore and found the (Y) water connectors in the fish tank section. I am now ready to finish up the plumbing. Once that is done all I have to do is wire it up to a servo controlled switch. The switch will have all four motors plus the engineroom fans wired to it. It will all be a pretty heavy load so it will be used sparingly to flush the heat away from the engineroom and the electronics as needed. I may just go ahead and add one more LIPO to the mix just for the cooling system. If I do this, this would bring the yachts operating capacity to 20,000 MAH.

I'm putting all this effort into the cooling system not only to cool down the electronics but also as anattempt to recreate the below pictures of the late great big 'D'...I think recreating Dauntless's unique cooling system will look cool and be notable otherwise I wouldn't bother. I am as excited as anyonefor the water jetsto converge in the exhaust chamber before it blows outthe boat. Hopefully it will look cool.

-Rich.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27684.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	1826469   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90082.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	1826470