RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Evolution 10cc gas engine
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 06:44 PM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: New Evolution 10cc gas engine

ORIGINAL: vertical grimmace

I really would like to use this engine in a .60 pattern plane I have, so I hope to see good feedback. I too got burned on the JBA 15, I replaced it with the DLE 20. What a great engine that is. I am confident that this engine will operate well. Mainly because I do not feel Horizon would bring something to market that has not been fully tested. That being said, I will have to sit back and watch for a while to see,/hear feedback.
The old classical .60 pattern planes tended to have fairly high performance 10cc engines on them. The 9cc and 10cc gas engines are more like strong .45 or .46 engines.
The Phoenix Pattern plane ought to do OK with the Evo 10cc engine though, as it flies pretty good with .45 through .55 engines. The bigger .60 size pattern planes might be a bit too large for the 9cc or 10cc engines, but they'll fly with them though. I am running a 9cc gas engine on my .45 size pattern plane and it flies really well with it. Now granted when I had the plane setup with a Fox .60 glow engine it definitely had a lot more power and speed then. But I think it flies really well with the little 9cc engine on it. My .45 pattern plane has a 59 inch wingspan using a mildly swept back wing. Of course it won't do a 300 foot loop with the 9cc gas engine like it does with the .60 glow engine on it. The Evo 10cc gas engine is a small case .60 engine, so it'll fit where the .45 through .55 engines will fit.