RCU Forums - View Single Post - HobbyKing ??
Thread: HobbyKing ??
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 10:43 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HobbyKing ??

Do a search and you will read good and bad on the company.........a lot of it ..bad. Most of the complaints are of their almost non-exsistant customer service and their questionable business tactics. I have ordered some things from them years ago but it was limited to mostly non-electronic items plus some of their batteries. Since then I have found better sources for most of those items .
Some of their engines are copies of more popular engines and are said to be lacking in overall quality. Some of the servos they sell are marketed under several names elsewhere and again their product quality is sometimes in question.
They do sometimes sell major brand items but you typically see them backordered. One time I saw them selling Sullivan Products glow driver systems for much less than US companies. I emailed Sullivan and was told they were aware of it and that HK was getting them from an overseas distributor that wasn't following Sullivan's distribution agreement. I was told HK buys so few of them at a time that they thwart trade law regulations and it's not worth the money for Sullivan to try and prosecute. Basically they are dumping US made product back on the US and elsewhere while selling it sometimes at cost (as they do make a lot of money on shipping )so this hurts any other reputable distributor. You see Hitec servos always on back-order too so I would assume it's the same deal for those as well.
I would search here and on google and read read read before you purchase anything.