RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sebart Wind 110
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 01:59 PM
luckymacy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sebart Wind 110

How do I troubleshoot an electric plane when I don't have any parts to swap out? I bought a used Sebart Wind 110 I which supposedly has new Hacker A50-16L V2 (it does look shiny new and 'spotless') and the same props, ESC and battery packs that the plane supposedly flew with in competitions. In other words, it should have been a perfectly working set already installed.

What would you expect to see/hear under the following scenario.

I took it out for a fist flight (for me) today. I had a amp meter installed and was doing a ground check. I do not have any experience with setups this large (8s) so was proceeding extra cautiously. Anytime on the ground I got near 30 amps the motor made a screetch sound and shut down. I removed the back support plate as I was suspicious it was causing some drag/binding but it made no difference. In my smaller electric planes that's usually been due to over speeding or not enough load on the motor (ie, the sound doesn't happen when actually flying, it only happens on the ground). I am hoping that the motor won't make that sound and fly fine but I won't risk flying it until I know for sure. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot or verify the setup is fine?