RCU Forums - View Single Post - Flamewheel 450 Clone
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 06:04 AM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Flamewheel 450 Clone

Hi Kurt,

I will have a video in the future and post it here. I just upgraded my Turnigy H.A.L. with a GoPro Hero2 camera so my Flamewheel 450 gets some hand-me-downs.

I am not familiar with how stable the Feiyu Tech controller is. The KK2 is pretty good but it is nowhere near the stability of my DJI NAZA. For $30 though, it makes a great FC which can be dialed-in quite nicely. I use it on my FW450 for fun and practice flying. I am still a bit tentative when the quad is facing me so practice makes perfect!

I am also adding an inexpensive FatShark 5.8GHz transmitter to my FW450 so that I can adjust the video tilt remotely using my existing ground station or goggles. I'll make a video from both the ground perspective and quad perspective over the holiday break...weather permitting.

As another alternative, check out this [link=http://www.rcdude.com/servlet/the-2411/QUADframe-Landing-Gear-Legs/Detail]QuadFrame Landing Gear Legs[/link] at RC Dude. I have found the QuadFrame products from Poland to be very good quality.

Regards.