RCU Forums - View Single Post - I Saw it! TF 60 Size Corsair ARF!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 07:17 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: I Saw it! TF 60 Size Corsair ARF!!!!!

ORIGINAL: wheels down
First flight turned to the left after take off had to shut it down
Double checked everything
everything aligned / ok
on the second try
First one didn't make the maiden flight - rudder must not been aligned with the fuselage when made
Took off nice made a left turn on her own that was nice and level
Every Corsair I've flown wanted to turn left on takeoff. They sit nose high and too fast throttle advance turns them before the vertical stabilizer has enough power to keep them straight. Turning left is normal on takeoff and climb out. Two things are done to control that.

Throttle and rudder.

Use the runway length and meter your throttle increase as you start the takeoff roll. If the model taxis without trying to turn, it should gain speed before rotation without trying to turn because the gear isn't straight. If you control your throttle input, you can reduce the left turn enough that a little rudder stops the yaw and the plane takes off straight down the runway.

All of them were easily capable of taking off at half power. Do one or two of those takeoffs and you'll notice how much less they want to turn left. They take a lot less rudder with a slower advancement of the throttle.

Corsairs have less yaw stability than most airplanes. Lots of models show that at cruise. They hunt... wobble a bit left and right. Combine that with too quick a power up and they turn left at low airspeed.

Try advancing the throttle slower on takeoff, and have some right rudder dialed in. The real ones do it that way for a good reason.