RCU Forums - View Single Post - Composite-Arf 33% Gee Bee R2 - First Flight - Pics - Videos - L@@K
Old 12-16-2012, 11:57 PM
kittykatjaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Composite-Arf 33% Gee Bee R2 - First Flight - Pics - Videos - L@@K

ORIGINAL: RichardGee

Jaz, pages 15 and 16 of the Builders Manual do speak to your question:

The adjustable flying wire end should be threaded all the way onto the flying wire, then backed off 5 full turns. This will provide sufficient thread ‘purchase’ and adjustability.

Once everything is adjusted, you certainly want to have at least 3 full turns of material connecting the two pieces. Lock nuts are also essential to eliminate play and keep the flying wires at the proper length and angle.

Good luck
Thanks Richard, that was just what I was looking for.

Sorry one more question on the wires.

The Gee Bee I have here has been setup using 3mm bolts for the flying wires on all mounting points. I sat down today and read the manual and it states that the wires are fixed with 4mm bolts. Looking at the photo of the hardware pack in the manual the wire bolts all look 3mm when compared to the 6 x 4mm engine dome bolts. Plus to fit4mm bolts all the wire brass hard points will have to be redrilled larger.

Can you please confirm that it is 4mm for the wire hard points before I go redrilling things?

Thanks,

Jaz