View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 07:14 PM
Herc Pilot
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Seagull Model Cessna 337 ARF

ORIGINAL: jet22b

ORIGINAL: optech

Did you glue the outer panels on? I was under the impression they were removable.

I have a pair of unused K&B .48s I was thinking would work for this bird.

Mike
Hi Mike,
Welcome to the thread!!! The down size with this ARF is that the outer wings has to be glue to the center section!![] Yes you can un-screw the center section from the fuse, but that's it. Now if you would open the wings and center section and do a mod to where you can slide the wings into the center section and screw them in place, will be a big step. I am going with two Evo .46 engine in my bird and I know the pair of K&B .48 will fly it good. I had a pair of the K&B .48 back in the days and I love them!!! I think you will like this ARF. Adam and I have found some thing that are not right on this bird and we have talk about it here and show pictures of what we did to make it right!! I hope this answer your question!!!
Sonny
aka
jet22b

Sonny, that just barely fits into your Escape! Larry and I both have vans for airplane hauling so think we won't have an issue with transportation.

Mike, welcome! I think Sonny's plane may be a different version than the one I have been working on. The outer panels are removable on ours and held on with a screw through the bottom of the wing into the wing tube. The tail booms and stab are all glued together in one unit. We have noticed a few other discrepancies during the re-build. The box art shows the tail servo's mounted in the booms and also some places indicate that there are two elevator servos while others call for one. It's a fairly young production of this model so I would not be surprised if they are still making changes as they go.

We now have all the control surfaces, struts, and hatches covered as well as the bottom of the wings with the base color. We also have repainted the inside of the fuse. Best of all, Larry's son Shawn (same guy working on the graphic files) decided to repaint the pilot. See below!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31362.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	1831724   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aw70570.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	1831725   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw58123.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	69.9 KB