gsmith6879
My Feedback: (37)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Tenergy LiFe Cells

ORIGINAL: Four Stroker

Fry's (spelling ?) carries these with solder tabs. Questions to be answered:

1) Does it hold up to vibration
2) Can you charge it as fast as A123
3) Does it put out enough current - certainly for a RX pack.
4) Does is have the lifespan of A123 - the nano tech is credited with the long life or slow degradation of A123

Why not just get A123 ? I wish someone sold A123 with solder tabs. ED used to do that.
If you look at the specs they are very similar and in some cases the Tenergy cells are better. That is why I am asking the question and plan to test them. I may still stay with the A123 because of the experience in the Hobby but I am always looking to improve the process.

I have been buying my A123 cells from EPBuddy. http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...f4106qafceov40

I've been very impressed with the service form them. The solder tabs are "substantial" compared to anything else I have seen. They have 6 spot welds and the SS tab is heavy. I assume that is to allow them to accept the high charge and discharge rates. I have made up 6 packs so far with not issues. You have to watch out for some of the other sellers and if you read the EPBuddy description of the cells they sell and those that are available on other sites, you will understand the difference.