RCU Forums - View Single Post - Seagull Model Cessna 337 ARF
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 09:27 AM
rcflunky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Seagull Model Cessna 337 ARF

Thanks Adam and Sonny for your input and advice I will most likely follow your builds and copy them for the most part. 

Here are the servos I'm going to use.  My local hobbystore had a sale on them and they suggested these.
Hitec HS 425BB for the ailerons and flaps
               225BB for the rudders and elevator (I have one extra for the elevator if I need to add it later)
               311 for the throttles

Well I've been flying electrics only for quite awhile now mostly foam and now I want to switch sides.  I like the noise and the smell.
So my expierence with nitro is limited.  Last year I built a Great Planes Spitfire with an OS25 that I had new in the box and loved it.
Now I want more nitro planes.

I looked at fitting the OS46 motors again and the stock exhaust is way to big.  I measured the front hole in the firewall and the exhaust and it looks like the exhaust is an inch or more to long.  So I'm gonna go with the Pitts on the front for sure the rear motor may work with the stock exhaust.  I will raise my fuel tanks as you guys did.  I do have a question on how big a reciever battery are you gonna use.  What volt?  How many mAh? Im using spektrum.

I will get some pics when I get more done.

Thanks again
Joe
aka rcflunky