RCU Forums - View Single Post - What Cub is this?
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 01:39 PM
mesaflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Cub is this?

One of the guys at my club gave me this Cub. He had a minor run-in with the ground. Cowl and windshield are gone. He was not sure who the mfg is. Looks to be about a .46 size. It had a 52 four stroke on it, and that's what I'm going to use, if it's not too heavy. I'm almost certain it is an ARF, based upon the covering job, and everything looks like it was put together with some type of hot glue, even the firewall. The firewall is in two pieces, so I'm making a new one. It has a 67 3/4" wingspan. The fuselage is 39" from the rudder to the front end (no cowl). The CG mark (part of the covering) is 2 7/8". The rudder and elevator control rods are wood dowels. But the elevator control rod has two wires that come off the wood dowel and hook up to the horns on each elevator. There is a single aileron servo. There is a plastic cut-out for a muffler if a two stroke is mounted sideways. This part is cracked, so I'm going to fill this in as it shouldn't interfere with my 4 stroke muffler. That's about all I can come up with. I did a search based on the wingspan, and could not find anything in that size. I don't believe that it is a clipped-wing Cub.

I've attached a couple pics of the plane.

If anyone knows who made this and where I can get a cowl and windshield, I would appreciate if you would let me know.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53510.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	1835928   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89519.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	1835929   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch97625.jpg
Views:	122