RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spektrum Telemetry module and iPhone App.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:54 AM
Franco2fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum Telemetry module and iPhone App.

I found Aerocal's tip of shutting down apps prior to firing up the STi to be beneficial. You double click and across the bottom the apps show with little minus signs. Touch each minus to drop off the apps. Having done this give it a minute to settle out.

Once you have everything bound properly, the sequence that I find works best is to fire up the DX8 first. Have the model that you are going to use already selected on the STi so that when you start the App, it is going to be on the bird you're going to fly. DO NOT have the App running initially. OK so the STi app is not yet running lets move over to the plane and transmitter. With the DX8 on, turn on the model you are going to fly... watch for the bars to appear in the top left corner of the DX8... This indicates that the TM1k and the DX8 are communicating. If you don't see the bars on the DX8, power off the model wait a second and then re-try. Once you see the bars in the left corner you are ready to connect the iPhone/STi.

The process I use that gives the best results is to turn on the App WITHOUT the dongle connected. This requires some timing and accute observation, but once the STi app starts have the dongle unplugged butready to plug in when the "! Device Not connected" alert shows. As soon as this flashes up plug in the Dongle. I might have to make a video showing this process, but it seems to work more often than not.

I test all sensors once I get the iPhone display showing needles. I use a soda straw over the airspeed pitot tube watching for needle movement with a short puff on the straw. RPM I watch for movement when I spin the motor with the starter. Temp I grab with my hand and watch for a change. If any corresponding needle does not move, I have always found the problem to be in the tiny white connectors. Unplug and re plug to cure.

KKKKFL