RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitro or Electric ! Frustrating or Comforting ?
Old 01-05-2013, 12:14 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Nitro or Electric ! Frustrating or Comforting ?

I have six 8th scale nitros, and just bought my first brushless. I am obviously primarily into nitro, but brushless is more fun than I expected. Mostly just because I can run it in places I never could nitro - like right outside the front door, and in the public park full of people out for their Sunday walk. And that's really the main reason. The extra power is nice, but nitro is more exhilerating mph to mph.. A lot of bratty electric fans run their mouths about nitro, obviously having zero clue about it, and having given up because they were too clueless and impatient to figure out nitro. Which is hardly rocket science btw.

Both have their place. I guess I'm to the point now where I can say I like both. As far as the debate between the two goes, by far the most obnoxious brats are on the electric side.. I really do think that's where the conflict comes from - electric Traxxas teenagers babbling nonsense about "nitro being too difficult and messy", about it being obsolete, or whatever. All of which is BS. If those people would continue to just play with (and mod, and repair) their E-revos, there wouldn't be that big a debate.. Apples and oranges, really..