RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite GS P-47 sports scale; diary of a build
Old 01-08-2013, 04:05 AM
TonyBuilder
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Top Flite GS P-47 sports scale; diary of a build

ORIGINAL: oldtyme

There is another GS P47 build going on in this section with about 39 pages.......you might want to look that up.
Yes I have been fallowing them for years now, Gary is a fellow flying comrade and is doing an amazing job on his Jug. This thread is like an online diary of my build. A place where I can write down my thoughts (putting them out in the grand RCU). I am already working on designing the controll linkages and the hinge lines. Im thinking it would be nice to have removable elevator, ruder and ailerons. Yellow aircraft has a great hing system that uses a wire pin to hold the ailerons in. The hinges would be aluminum or G-10. Yes painting would look much better and would alow for a greater range of schemes. But I am limited in my building space, I would have to do all my painting out of house (at another shope). I do have a few artist friends that do amazing work with airbrush so it hasnt been totaly rulled out. Also there is the fact that this is an everyday flying plane that will get beatup, it happens and glass and paint is harder to repair. anyways I am getting really excited to start, my kit should be her by the end of the week.

here is a pic of my Giant chipmunk, all glassed and painted.

Here is a link to the hinge system Im thinkinh of doing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=yEq9JgXvYiA

TB
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45540.jpg
Views:	899
Size:	239.3 KB
ID:	1838100