RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sweet V Assembly Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 01:52 PM
delateurj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sweet V Assembly Thread

Started with installing elevator servos.

I have settled on Futaba 9650's for my 426 Ninja's so to keep fleet consistent I went with those as they seem to be one of the servos recommended for 422. I like the combination of digital for good centering and plastic gears for creating less slop over time than metal.

Bit longer than the JR 3121 or Hitect 225's or digital equivalent often used as well, so had to do a fair mount of trimming to fit into the pre-cut and installed servo tray for the Sweet V elevators.

Also are a bit higher from mounting lug to servo arm dimension so it was a little tight on the pushrods clearing fuse so I needed to relieve a little area. (Scratch marks on fuse were my doing, didn't come that way, when trial fitting wing first time make sure to slide leading edge in place into recess and then drop trailing edge or else the very strong/sharp trailing edge of wing will easily ding fuse )

Next time I might widen up the servo area a little more and put some space between the servos so the control arms are in the center, then pushrods will easily clear fuse.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71038.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	1838261   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk30108.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	1838262