RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tornado S30 glo plug wont thread
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tornado S30 glo plug wont thread

ORIGINAL: kmaxwell

Well, I think Im gonna pack up all the nitro stuff and try to sell it on Ebay. I should have listened to my father, whos been doing this longer than me, when he said to go electric. It sounds so much easier than nitro and sounds like you can stay up and running longer. So if anyone knows someone who would like a perfectly fine Tornado S30 that needs a little bit of motor work please let me know. Also this may be the wrong place, but I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for a good electric starter car, truck, or buggy. I was thinking the Tornado EPX, but I dont know if i want to stay with redcat since the local hobby shop does not carry the brand.
Sorry to hear you've thrown in the towel. Sounds like you problem has turned into a mess. To most of us nitro guys, half the fun is the tinkering side of the hobby. Your dad is correct though, electric with an extra battery in your back pocket and your all set. For me, electric cannot replace the sweet smell of nitro smoke or the sound coming from the engine.

The other problem is like you mentioned, if your hobby shop doesn't stock Redcat it can become annoying. Luckily 80 percent of the Tornado parts can be found on Ebay for around $5 with free shipping. Most of us just keep ordering parts a little each week until we have a good parts box full of backup parts. As far as getting a new electric, look at the Tornado EPX pro, not the regular EPX model. The pro is brushless and with the addition of a $20 Lipo battery, you'll be running 30 minutes per battery. Of course even the electric has it's own little secret...the batteries. The lower prices ones will not come with Lipo batteries, and then you'll also immediately want to buy a decent charger insead of waiting 8 hours for the wall charger that Redcat supplies. Good luck and keep us posted.