RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fanfold ME109-Emil 30-Inch
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 05:39 AM
ZoomZoom-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fanfold ME109-Emil 30-Inch

Thanks MJD. It's always nice to know there is someone with a messier workspace than my own. As I post more shots of progress I should pull the shot back so you can get the full scope of ALL the junk thats on there right now. Which incidentally includes a 2meter Wally World Glider that also has a Sure start in the beak that I'm finshing for experimental use as a camera platform.
As you mentioned ffkiwi, I did coat the interior of the engine compartment with a clear coat of epoxy to prevent the corrosion from engine vomit you touched on. Very good point. I also made the air scoop on the bottom of the fuse functional, not only so air can get in, but so that spent fuel/oil etc, can get out. The biggest challenge with this design IS the enclosed engine, and if I can handle this well, yet keep the scale appearance, I will be pleased. My next step is to run the remote starting wires out from the engine to the exhaust port so that starting only involves clamping my starter clip onto a certain part of the external exhaust, and not having to get inside to the engine head. Gotta keep my scale appearance! More images to come once progress is made.

ZZ.