RCU Forums - View Single Post - HELP! Volcano EXP Pro GONE WILD.....
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 06:58 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: HELP! Volcano EXP Pro GONE WILD.....

ORIGINAL: jroptop

What I did was rearranged the wires how they were ziptied from the factory and pulled them away from the receiver and ziptied them in a different area.I know I noticed 1 receiver was bad as it didnt blink like its supposed to when the bind cable is inserted to bind it to the radio.I used the Caldera receiver and binded and blinked like it was supposed to.I did a range test with the servo unplugged and probably reached a distance of approx 100 ft.I plugged the servo back in and although it didnt lose reception,the response wasnt as instant with throttle and steering at that distance.I will leave everything as is thus far,as its alot better than it was,so maybe it was the motor and ESC wires that were interferring,who knows.
ORIGINAL: Johnathond22

I'm not sure of the exact measurement, but from a description I have ran mine far enough that it hard to tell which way it's facing. My guess is my RC was at least 100 yards. I'm trying to duplicate your problem by routing my receiver wire too close to other electronics. Did you try movi g the receiver far from other electronics? Especially the antenna wire? I noticed in the photo the straw to hold the wire up was missing. I am loosing reception if my antenna wire lays flat. That's about the only way I can duplicate to some extent. But I'm still getting about 50 ft.
Id be tempted to wrap the individual wires with elec tape. Might help insulate them from the pulses going threw the motor wires...which seems to be a source of low range for you.