RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hanger 9 60 size ME109F- FINALLY!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 04:07 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hanger 9 60 size ME109F- FINALLY!!!

Link to Hangar 9's advertising: http://www.hangar-9.com/Products/Def...ProdID=HAN2785

It's good to see an Axis warbird. We need something for the Thunderbolt and P51 to fight. Hopefully the flyins will get a bit more interesting.

As for worrying about H9 being insulted... this is the internet, and they should already be used to it. Otherwise they wouldn't be marketing planes that have such obvious scale flaws. They seemed to weather the F6F's bright blue tail and..... a number of things like that. Heck, this is not only the internet, but there aren't a lot of potential purchasers nowadays who would have any idea what the right colors are for a 109 etc etc.

As for the awful choice of muffler for the bird in their "advertising", that might tell us something about whomever is really in charge of supplying this market. It also might tell us something about the part of our hobby that uses gasoline. And about today's market over all, what it'll overlook. It's doubtful a purple 109 with a lousy choice of muffler will turn off many modelers nowadays. And it's pretty obvious that fatal flaws on scale models roll off today's modelers like water off a ducks back. It'll do fine as is.

The way I see it, it'll provide what the F6F did, something easily fixed (by the old timers) to be what they wanted but only got 90%. I enjoyed correcting my Hellcat. Probably like it better now than any other of the H9s in my hangar.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85535.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	1840620