RCU Forums - View Single Post - Complete Noob Needs Help!
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 09:41 AM
TheFridge189

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Complete Noob Needs Help!

Hi everyone. So I decided I want to get involved in RC planes, and I have alot of questions.

I am brand new to them. I have never had one. So I was wondering if I should get a trainer plane, or just have a simulator do the job of a trainer.

Now my next question, which trainer plane or computer simulator do you recomend? I would like the trainer to be rtf, but I do have a 5 channel eflite radio and reciever that I could use.

Do these planes control where the right stick does throttle and tilt, and the left stick does actual turning? So pushing up on the left stick is more throttle, pushing the left stick left or right makes the plane do barrel rolls while going straight, and the right stick makes the plane actualy turn.

If so, what channel number of planes do this? 4, 5,6,7 etc. And are those considered basic controls, or are all planes like that?

Next up, what do you think of planes from banana hobby and Hobby king? They seem like a good deal price wise, but I heard they have horrible customer support, and their electronics are junk. Is this true?

And besides Eflite, banana hobby and hobbyking, what other brands are out there that are good?

Hope you can help me out!

Mike