RCU Forums - View Single Post - Complete Noob Needs Help!
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 09:17 PM
TheFridge189

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Complete Noob Needs Help!

Thank you very much for the help with the controls. That clarified alot for me.

Well it seems like I really should visit/join a club. The closest one is High Sierra Rc club which is run by Robert Jones. Have you guys heard anything about this club? Sadly, though it's over an hour away.

And would it be a problem that I don't have any hobby shops in my area? Or do you think the club members could take the place of them for advice?

I don't know if it changes anything, but the area I will be flying in if I don't go to the club is a large open space that is my own property and is abandoned from other people. So I will tell you now, put your worries about me hitting other people out of the way.

Now that hitting people is out of the equation, is it still ridiculous for me to think that I could learn how to fly only seeing a instructor once a month and flying in my backyard? If so I guess this hobby just won't work out for me. Maybe when I retire, which will probobly be never!

And a b-17 is down the road! It seems really silly that if I fly a trainer for half a year that I master I won't be able to graduate to something bigger...

Mike