RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Surfer
Thread: RC Surfer
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 12:21 AM
bearcave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Surfer

surfkiwi

As far as i know abrush motor generates the heat from the brushes on the commutator. The coil cooling tube around the can takes some heat away but in the old days they would run brush cooler setups as well.... a brushless motor generates the heat from the windings in the outside of the can hence why the jacket cooling systems work so well...... as far as i know most brush motors were designed for 7.2v and any more volts gives the brushes a good work out/burn out.

Not sure if the receiver will handle the extra volts BUT what if you plug your batt into another thing maybe even a high watt 12v globe for a few minutes then check the volts with a volt meter.... once its down to maybe just under 8v go for it.

Btw i think i saw an oldpic of one of kites early boards running a brush setup recently while he was showing something else within the hull. kite might know powerpark would... hey yeh whereispowerpark.

YPC
The lighter weight lipo batts made my production boards way better in all ways, was even able to reduce lead in the nose to get back the desired cg.
Self righting no change..... lighter boardwith longer runtimes always good.