RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Surfer
Thread: RC Surfer
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 10:36 AM
RC Surfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Surfer

YPC not everybody has a hobbieshop or the money or the talentor the timeor the go proto just fling out a custom Board and take pictures.,LOL The plastic boards do just fine in fact in the more exsperienced hands they kick *****. Once your at the point of keeping the board water tight is all that matters and then from there you can start tweeking the board and doll for performance. Since I haven't finished my custom board yet I can still kill it with my Old Dude (13+ years) some 4000 + runsand from what I see on the vids every body is putting out I really don't see the difference or any better performance than what I have. There is so much more to it than meets the eye,and the plasticboardsare a good learnig platform.I think stick (radio) time is really the performance end of it, but you can't get there without asound board and it's not to hard to geta plastic board to really perform.

Surfkiwi, The surfer is key what ever you put on the board keep it under 4oz. and short as possible. Adding weight to the bottom islast resort but it may benessesary and ballance the center of gravity maybe byplacing weight where needed.The chick has had every thing that you can think ofdone to itand it just doesn't work!! YPC has a great idea for a light weight surfer. Iove the foamy original dudes if you can find one!!
I run a 6 cell 5000 NiHd battery w/5800 kv brushless motor 20 to 30 min run time pending conditions, 120 amp/240 amp surgeESC and 200 in.oz. steering servo. most of the electros are8+ years running and still going!
As far as the mods go there hasbeen so much written on it, you'll have to go back and start reading, you'll save time and money to read first and ask questions seems to help. good luck withit and as far as the STOKEcomes with the territory.
Hope it Helps, Later BB