RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat Racing Tornado Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 04:16 PM
bpoch73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

I've just gotten the Brushless Tornado exp pro and have had nothing but problems with this thing. I'm new to the hobby.

1st - when Igot it and running with the included 2000mah battery, the thing would stutter when giving throttle, Ihad to ease into it to get it to go, and then the battery would only last like 3 minutes before cutting out. I picked up a 5000mah battery and while waiting for it to come in the mail, Ifound how to program the ESC. So Ikilled the low voltage cut off. With the new battery I got longer running times but the stutter at start is still there. If I hold the car in the air, there is not really any stutter. When the car is not on the street and in the grass, it just stutters and won't accelorate. So I was going to try and tone down the punch, but when going through the programming of the ESC it only has 4 options and from what I've found it should have 8 or 9 options to change. Also from what I've read it should come with a EZRUN 35A but on the ESC the label is EZRUN-S10.

And to top it off, and what I'm hoping is the stutter problem, the capacitors attached to the ESC starting smoking when Ihad a battery attached.

I've orderded new capacitors and the LED program tool for the ESC.

I really don't want to give up on this thing and I hope Ican get some feedback as to what Ishould look at, or what could be the problem. Do you think the ESC is bad, or it has the wrong on in it? I can get an EZRUN-35A online for $40 bucks, and for me tha was my next steep if the programmer and new capacitors don't fix the problem.